Here is an update that is quite a while in the making. I’ve started and re-started writing this a few times in the last month, but today I am finally showing off where my Bloodstone Tribe Ogres are at.
So first of all, you’ve already seen my near-completed Battalion.
They’re still waiting for a matte spray and some basing, but those two things will be super quick once I finally get my hands on a matte spray. If I can’t get Andrew’s this week, which I’ve been waiting to do, then I’m just going to have to buy my own. I’ve already got the sand for their bases. Once that’s on I’ll decide to either leave them as is, add snow, and/or add tufts of grass. We’ll see once the sand is on.
Alright, so here are my built (riders are not attached) Ironblaster, Thundertusk and Mournfang Cavalry.
These models are awesome! All this new GW stuff goes together so nicely (usually so long as you have the instructions), and the sculpts and character are just so neat. If I had the money I would gladly get another of each of these kits to make a Scraplauncher, Stonehorn and more cavalry. As it stands, I will likely only be getting one more pair of cavalry to make a unit of 4…although 2 units of 3 does sound fun…
These guys will be getting painted soon enough, but first…
…my second Battalion’s models.
Well, 12 of the 16. The other 4 have become Lords & Heroes. But here I’ve made a second unit of Leadbelchers, and then a spattering of Ironguts, Ogres and a few that could go either way, namely command models. I’ve made it so that I can run 2-3 units between the two types, although I think I came out with a couple more Ogres than Ironguts. Anyway, as you can see, they have been primed already. And actually since this shot was taken, I’ve begun work on the whole lot. Everyone’s got their flesh painted, and the Leadbelchers have their pants and leathers done, too. I will likely have the Leadbelchers finished by the end of the weekend.
Hrm. I was just thinking. I wonder if I can get this entire army painted in 6 months. That would be wicked. That means I would need to finish by the end of May. Totally doable, at this rate. Aside from everything I’ve got so far, there is little more I ‘need’ to get (‘need’ here is more along the lines of ‘need, in order to have a nice big army,’ and less ‘need, just because I want it). I’ll talk about possible future purchases for my Ogres in a later post.
So back to what’s built, here are my Tyrant and Bruiser BSB.
As soon as I saw that I had extra tusks from the Mournfang heads, I knew my Tyrant model would have horns. I also used the Ironblaster rider’s body here, as it’s a touch bigger than regular Ogre models and it’s got a good pose. I originally wanted a pose like the guy on the cover of the Ogre Battalion, but there are no available arms like that and I’m not ready to delve that far into the world of Green Stuff. I’ll talk more about this guy in a future post. Oh, and I’ll talk more about the BSB, too, who I am pretty happy with…although he is not easy to rank up in a unit! Not surprisingly.
I didn’t take a picture of the little baggy full of parts that will eventually become my Slaughtermaster and Butcher. I will need to Green Stuff an apron or two for these guys, but they’re going to have a bunch of cleavers, knives and body parts hanging off them, as is appropriate for the Ogre Wizards that they are.
And here is one final shot of the whole army, as it stands.
Let’s hope that in a month’s time I can post another army shot that has a lot more paint on it 🙂
Thanks for reading.