So I took this video (five times, actually…I think this is the best one) last night in an attempt to start being more active on youtube. I watch so many videos on a daily basis, and I subscribe to so many channels (mostly for hobbying/gaming) that I felt it was time I started participating more in the youtube gamer community.
So in the video I go over a few of the things I’ve been working on lately and some things I got over the weekend.
Here it is…
Hopefully there will be many more videos up in the near future.
I posted the written report at Tales of Gamers, but thought I should post it and the video batrep here:
* * * * *
Scott came over during the day on Monday to play Malifaux. 25ss, Showgirls vs. Freikorps, and we added in location rules.
- Performer + Mannequin
- Mechanical Dove
- Scheme: Power Ritual: (1) interact within 8″ of 3 corners for 1 VP, 4 corners for 2 VP.
- Von Schill
- Freikorps Librarian
- Freikorps Specialist
- Freikorps Trapper
- 2x Freikorpsman
- Scheme: Thwart (Unannounced): Stop opponent from completing scheme.
Shared Strategy: Deliver Message: (2) interact with opposing leader for 1 VP, with bonuses for doing it first and before the end of turn 4.
Location: Ghost Town with possible Heavy Snows (no charges, -2 to ranged Cb and ranged spells).
The board was set up with a few buildings, some trees, fences (sandbags, actually) stretching across the board, and a scattering of barrels and crates of various sizes around the board. I think this Ghost Town could have been a Freikorps supply depot or something. We deployed diagonally, 12.5″ away from the centre line.
- Cassandra starts off by running up and popping the top-right corner, and putting on her Southern Charm, making Attack and Damage flips against her [-].
- The Trapper downs the Dove with 2 Clockwork Rifle shots.
- The Mannequin Links with Colette and casts Mirrors, giving herself and Colette protection from Weak Damage flips, just in case.
- The Specialist runs forward.
- The Performer pops the bottom-right corner, then moves to the left.
- Freikorpsman 1 runs forward.
- The Coryphee casts Sublime Performance (+Masks to Ca and Cb) and Sword Dance (free attacks during Movements), then runs up and hits Trapper, triggering Hypnotic Movments ([-] to Trapper’s Resist flips).
- Freikorpsman 2 runs behind the building to his left.
- Colette grants herself Reactivate, then uses Illusionist to switch places with the Coryphee, and finally casts Magician’s Duel to kill the Trapper, gaining a Soulstone.
- The Librarian moves up and casts something, but I can’t recall what.
- Colette activates again, switches back with the Coryphee, gains a Soulstone by discarding 2 cards, then spends it to Summon a Mechanical Dove.
- The Mechanical Dove flies over behind the building to the left.
- Von Schill runs up and casts Hard-Ass, giving friendlies within 10″ +4 Wp in Morale Duels.
- There will be no Heavy Snows next turn.
- Von Schill moves over and takes a couple shots at the Coryphee, fortunately only doing 3 wounds, but then activates his Leader ability.
- The nearby Freikorpsman piggybacks Von Schill and also takes a shot at the Coryphee, finally dropping it, then moves up.
- Cassandra Nimble-walks up, casts Sublime Performance (+Masks to Ca and Cb), then charges Von Schill, dealing 2 wounds, and fails to cast Breathe Fire.
- The Librarian runs up towards that battle-strewn area.
- The Performer keeps running towards the bottom-left corner.
- The Specialist runs forward.
- The Mannequin casts Mirrors.
- The other Freikorpsman walks up and takes a shot at the Dove, but fails to kill it because of its cover protection.
- The Dove flies over and casts Magician’s Duel on the Freikorpsman, but only manages a single wound.
- Colette gains Reactivate, switches places with Cassandra, and Magician’s Duel Von Schill for a few more wounds.
- Colette activates again, casts Magician’s Duel again, bringing Von Schill to 6/10 wounds total, summons a Mechanical Dove, then switches places with Cassandra.
- The new Mechanical Dove casts Magician’s Duel and manages to do 3 more wounds to Von Schill, sadly leaving him at only 1.
- The Heavy Snows will hit next turn (no charges, -2 to ranged Cb and ranged spells).
- The Librarian starts off with Furious Casting, healing Von Schill twice (back down to 4 wounds), and then casts Block Connection on Cassandra, taking out the Book from her Cmbat skill.
- Cassandra Delivers her message to Von Schill (4 VP!) and Nimble-walks away to behind cover, successfully disengaging. She puts on her Southern Charm for some protection.
- Von Schill Nimble-walks to Cassandra and takes a couple of swings at her, doing a bunch of damage, leaving her with 2 wounds.
- The nearby Freikorpsman walks in and takes a swing at Cassandra, buts fails to hit.
- The Performer runs towards the bottom-left corner, unable to pop it!
- The other Freikorpsman walks up and takes a shot at the Performer and misses.
- The leftmost Dove casts Magician’s Duel on the Freikorpsman for another wound, then flies down near the Performer, in case she needs to use it as a Soulstone.
- The Specialist runs up and gets ready to fry the Performer.
- But he doesn’t get a chance as Colette moves over, gains Reactivate, switches places with the Performer, and pops the last corner gaining me at least 1 more VP.
We call the game here as in terms of VP Scott can no longer even tie. He announces that his scheme Thwart is unattainable now, and he is likely to not get a message delivered to Colette, especially before the end of the 4th turn.
So, a Showgirls victory, yay! I used the girls properly this time, utilizing their movement ‘shenanigans’ better than I have before. I spent a couple of hours after our last game going through their cards and reading up on them online, taking notes and trying to figure out how to use them. I chose Power Ritual to best take advantage of their movement abilities, and it worked out well.
Hopefully I can get another game in soon, although Dark Age and now Hell Dorado might be taking up my gaming time in the near future.
Thanks for reading.
Here is another unboxing video, this time for the Westerners starter for Hell Dorado.
A basic “what’s inside” video. Will add some more comments in another post/video once I’ve built them.