So the other day I dipped (brushed) the Ironguts and Leadbelchers. Here is how they look:
Aside from a few areas that pooled too much (like the bottom of the standard) and some things I forgot to paint (like the skull at the bottom of the Irongut Champion’s sword), I think they turned out just as well as the Ogres I did previously.
The (Reaper) Coppery Orange came out nicely, a little darker than it looks like in these pictures.
A coat of matte spray (still waiting to get it) and some basing, and these guys are going to rock it on the battlefield.
Not sure when my next game is going to be, but I hope it’s soon! I’m going through withdrawls!
Anyway, I actually still haven’t started anything new since dipping these guys. My painting funk continues, and I’m pretty sure it’s due to lack of gaming. However, there’s a chance I’ll be getting together with Andrew and/or Loy this week, which may or may not include some gaming. And next Monday Scott’s coming by for some Malifaux. Saweet!
I’ve got more For Sale lots coming up, and I’ll make a Workbench Update post to show what I’ll be working on in between Ogres.
Thanks for reading.