So it looks like my painting slow-down has already hit! And I was doing so well this year, until last week. Arg!
But yesterday afternoon I finally put the finishing touches on the Ironguts, and here they are ready for dipping:
I ended up just rushing some of the details because they were taking so long. Things have been really busy lately, and a couple nights were hobby-free while I took care of my sick son, once again (damn you, germ-ridden kids at day care!).
Anyway, it’s alright. Last night I actually brushed the dip on both the Ironguts and the Leadbelchers that were finished a couple of weeks ago. They are still drying now, and once that step is completed I will have all 16 Ogre models from the Battalion ready for a matte spray and basing. I’m really looking forward to having them all done, as it will end up being my first complete Battalion (on my fifth attempt!). If I can’t borrow Andrew’s matte spray in the next week, I’ll just go buy my own. I’ll need enough to spray a second Battalion and a few other models anyway, so I probably should have my own.
The Ironguts got pretty much the same treatment as both the Ogres and the Leadbelchers, but I did do a few things differently:
- Pants this time were painted in (P3) Greatcoat Grey, (P3) Bloodtracker Brown, (P3) Coal Black, (P3) Gnarls Green, (P3) Khardic Flesh and (P3) Exile Blue, continuing my experimentation with how certain colours come out with the dip.
- Bronze areas were only painted in a much more solid layer of (Reaper) Coppery Orange, rather than just a lighter layer over metal as I did with the Ogres. It produces a much darker, redder bronze, which might look even better considering the army’s theme of Bloodstone, but might also look too dark. We’ll see.
Hopefully I’ll have these guys ready to show off shortly, and better yet, the whole army based and done! Soon.
Now on to something non-Ogre.
Thanks for reading.