Yesterday I put the finishing touches on my Copycat Killer, Master Seamus’ totem:
Ugh! Those eyes. Or lack-thereof! Surely it looks much worse up close, and at a few feet away you can’t even tell he doesn’t have eyes. I was debating whether 2013 would be the year I start painting eyes. Well, so far, it’s not. And so far, I don’t really care. I’m happy if my models look good from afar, and eyes are just one detail and technique that I will have to learn another time.
As I mentioned in the Workbench Update post the other day, I started the Copycat Killer’s clothes off with (P3) Wurm Green, then gave him a wash of (P3) Turqoise Ink. The next day, when I was sure that was dry (it’s so shiny I can’t really tell when it’s officially dry), I used (P3) Beaten Purple for the shirt and ascot, (P3) Thamar Black for the vest and hat straps, (Vallejo) Glorious Gold on the buttons and hat strap buckles, (P3) Midlund Flesh on the skin, (P3) Bloodstone for the hair (as usual), (P3) Umbral Umber on the gun handle and (P3) Pig Iron for the metal on the gun and sewer top. The skin and hair got a wash of (GW) Gryphonne Sepia, and for any green touch ups I used (P3) Iosan and Gnarls Greens. The base edge is also Gnarls Green, and I can’t remeber which colours I used on the bricks as they were done a couple of years ago, with the rest of the crew.
Here he is with Seamus, painted a few years back, and who definitely needs a strip and repaint:
I’ll use the same colours on his redo as I did for his totem, so they match nicely.
Getting this guy done in a couple of days has inspired me to get the two Dead Doxies on the workbench soon, to be used as Dead Doxies or as Rotten Belle alternative sculpts. I’ll probably add them to the next batch of models to paint, once I’ve finished the rest I previewed on the workbench.
Thanks for reading.