I have decided to name my Ogre army the “Bloodstone Tribe.” It’s common practice among Ogre Kingdoms players to give their army a tribal name, keeping to the theme of the Ogres. Well, like I did with the Ortegas (Malifaux) and the Outcast Brutes (Dark Age), I will be painting all of the hair on my ogres with P3’s Bloodstone paint, which is one of my favourite colours to use. Rucksack Tan is another favourite, but I think I will get that colour into the army some other way…the idea of blonde ogres just didn’t do it for me 🙂
As of right now I have a built Battalion, a second unbuilt Battalion, a partially-built-but-waiting-for-paint-Ironblaster, and Mournfang Cavalry and Thundertusk kits both unbuilt. I was going to keep the unbuilt stuff as is until I had at the very least primed the Battalion, but with a 1500pt game coming up I need to build some more models. I picked up the Vallejo brush-on primer that I will be using on these guys, Desert Tan Base, so it’s only a matter of time. I’ll be starting the priming as soon as I’ve finished some objective markers for Warmachine and Dark Age. My goal is to get a 1000pt army all painted up ASAP. Luckily that’s just a Battalion, Ironblaster and a couple of characters (which I still need to convert).
I have also started a Gnoblog on The Ogre Stronghold, a great Ogre-themed forum/fan site. The Gnoblog is a hobby log which I will keep to being all about my Ogres. The other Gnoblogs there have helped me come up with some great ideas for characters and other unit conversions. I will shamelessly borrow as many ideas from them as possible, and give reference to them as much as I can.
Firday night I played my second game with the Ogres, and my first game of WHFB of the year, against Andrew. It was a 1000pt game against his Lizardmen. Between an experimental Skink list, poor rolls for him and some lucky saves for me, the Ogres came out well on top. The Lizards did fair better than the Wood Elves in our last game, actually inflicting some casualties on the Ogres this time, but the end result still would have been a board free of Lizards, with little lost on the Ogre side. I may or may not write up a report for this game.
Back to the hobby side, I’ll be putting together a ‘quick-n-easy’ tutorial on how to magnetise bases on the cheap. A trip to the dollar store and a few exacto knife cuts later and you’ve got yourself some slightly magnetised models! Warning: this is not the magnetising method that will allow you to hang them upside down! But, as you will see, you can tilt the movement tray nearly 90* before they start to fall. Very useful for moving models around the table, although not so much for moving them from shelf to tabletop. More on that upcoming.
Well, I just wanted to share a few things with you. Back to work!
Thanks for reading.