Has it been nearly forever since one of these posts? I believe so!
I did not get to finish the second part of my Battle Chronicler Review & How To last night, so I’ll post it tomorrow.
Anyway, so while I’ve blogged about my various painting projects lately, I haven’t been posting about what’s on the table in general. So, let’s fix that.
The first thing I’ve been working on is my Khador Battlegroup. I was doing pretty well last week, but with my son getting really sick and my Juggernaut falling down and crashing, I’ve been a little out of the painting loop. I’ll get back to it tonight, though, I think.
Here is how my Juggernaut currently stands:
As you can see, his little tumble dislodged a fist and an arm. The arm got severed, but it looks like a break that will glue back together just fine.
Paintwise, I’ve got most of the basic colours down, just a few more areas of silver and gold to add, a few other colours, then touch-ups, washes, and he’ll be done. So far I like how he’s coming along. I went with a slightly different take on the standard Menoth red-with-black-and-bronze theme. Once washed the gold will turn dark enough to look bronze. Oh, and needless to say, the red in this photo is a lot brighter than what I’m using. I’m going with P3’s Skorne Red, although in this picture it looks more like Khador Red Base, which is what I’ll use for the highlights.
I’m not sure how Andrew is doing with this Menoth, although when we played the other day it was all built and ready for priming, which is good.
So as I mentioned the other day, I’ve finally picked up Ogres! w00t! Sorry every other WHFB army I own, it’s the backseat for you.
I’ve already started work on the Battalion, clipping and cleaning up the bodies, heads and shoes (yes…they are separate).
I’ve also started deciding which heads go where, so there aren’t any doubles for as long as I can keep it so. Above you can see the three Leadbelchers ready for more bits, while the other 12 bodies will go to the Ogres and Ironguts.
I’ve separated a few heads from the Battalion and the Ironblaster kit that will go towards a Butcher, a Slaughtermaster and a Firebelly, while the heads for the BSB and Tyrant will come from other kits (Mournfang and Thundertusk). For all those conversions, I will either have to buy another Battalion, a unit box or two, or parts online. Once I finish the Battalion and see what is left over, I can better guess as to which of those routes I’ll take. Although I will likely get another Battalion at some point so I can play bigger games, and not just rely on the awesome big pieces that the Ogres can bring to the table.
My goal for the month of December, as I’ve stated in the Stronghold’s Monthly Painting Challenge thread, is just to have this Battalion built. If I can prime it, even better. Once I start painting I’ll need to test out Army Painter Quickshade, finally. It’ll be a new way to finish my models, and hopefully it works.
But that’s for another post, in likely another month. For now I’ve to build the Ogres, paint more Khador, write some more posts and help my wife push out a baby.
It’s going to be a busy December.
Thanks for reading.