Well, 98% done, but I have to get away from this beast for a bit. All that’s left, really, is to add the lettering to the sails which I totally forgot to worry about before (non-permanently) attaching them.
Anyway, you came here to see this:
What a beauty! And I didn’t even do a great job! But I am so happy with it. Like all my models, it looks superb from a couple feet away, and what more does one need, you know?
I learned a lot from painting this model that hopefully I will remember when I work on the next ones.
Speaking of which, tonight I will get started on the Bloody Reaver‘s hulk. The sails are mostly done, so I’ll work on them at the same time. I’m hoping to finish it within the week. I’m also hoping it doesn’t have the amount of detail that the Heldenhammer has…but that’s probably just a dream.
So to finish this post off, I’ll re-iterate the colours I used on this Grand Alliance flagship for future reference.
- Reds got a Skorne Red basecoat, followed by Khador Red Base.
- Grays were Trollblood Highlight with a Badab Black wash.
- Gold was Rucksack Tan followed by Glorious Gold with a Seraphim Sepia wash.
- Browns were Beast Hide with Devlan Mud.
- Cannons and mortars on the deck were painted with Cryx Bane Base, while the cannon tips were hit with Pig Iron.
- Roof areas were Exile Blue washed with Badab Black.
- Sail designs were drybrushed with Rucksack Tan, then drybrushed with Sulfuric Yellow, then hit with Seraphim Sepia.
And that’s that!
More progress on the Dreadfleet Project coming up.
Thanks for reading.