So I challenged myself last night to complete the sails for both ships. While I didn’t meet that goal, I did get pretty close. The sails themselves are complete…
…I just need to finish up the masts, beams, crowsnests and flags. And THAT will be done tonight.
I will get some more close-up shots later on, as these pictures don’t give a good impression. But as you can see, the detail pops out nicely, and the technique works well. For future sails I learned a few things. Like, only lay the basecoat down before drybrushing the details, and then add the lighter colour layer afterwards when cleaning up. Also, be wary of the amount of wash used on the details, as some areas got a little too dark.
Here is a ‘before’ shot, what they look like between drybrushing and cleaning up.
Overall, though, I think they look great and once attached to the ships they will look even better!
Tomorrow I will have the Heldenhammer complete and ready for showcasing. If the rest of the sail bits don’t take too long, I’ll begin work on the Bloody Reaver tonight as well.
I’m getting closer to being able to play scenario 1! w00t!
Thanks for reading.