True to my word, and then some, I got the Heldenhammer to a near-complete state.
Overall, I’m totally happy with it. It looks exactly how I would want it to from a couple feet away.
As usual, close-ups don’t really work in favour of the paintjob. But I just wanted to show off where a week’s worth of painting has taken me.
I found myself going back over and over again to fix up little spots where black got on red, tan got on black, blue got on gray, brown got on red, and gold got on everything. Hah. There are still a bunch of areas that would look better with more touch-ups. But heck, man, no more!
The only thing I will likely do before attaching the sails, which I have yet to actually start, is to add Pig Iron to the tops of the cannons and mortars on the deck, to match the cannon barrels (or whatever they’re called) sticking out the side. Everything else is going to be fine just the way it is!
Tonight I will either start the sails, and hope to finish them in 2 or 3 nights, or I’ll get started on the Bloody Reaver, and save both sets of sails until their both done. I’ll see how I feel tonight.
Check in tomorrow to see what I choose.
Thanks for reading.