This is both an update, and a paint colour log. Lately with my painting and posts I’ve stopped recording the colours I’ve used, and I’d like to get back into it. So here’s a shot of the Heldenhammer and the colours I’ve been using so far.
Looking a bit better compared to yesterday’s shot, eh? Not too much stuff done, but I touched up all of the red, blue and gray areas, added in the black for the gunports, and gave the red a wash.
- Skorne Red base on all things red, Khador Red Base ‘layer’ over top of the larger red areas. If I were to paint this ship again, I would skip the former colour and just go with the latter, add a wash, and then highlight further. I gave the red a Baal Red wash, which will be followed by a highlight of Khador Red Base. I will add edge highlights with Khador Red Highlight later on.
- Grey areas are Trollblood Highlight, although I wish I had a grey with less brown in it, more like the old GW greys.
- Rooftops are Exile Blue, which I like.
- Gold areas got a base of Rucksack Tan, which will be followed by Glorious Gold.
- The decking got a Beast Hide base.
Next will come more washes, highlights, detailing and touch-ups. By tonight I will have all of the tan down for the gold to go over, as well as the washes over the gray, blue and brown areas. It’s coming along! A few more days and it should be done.
In other news, today is my birthday and I received a full set of X-Wing miniatures from my wife.
I finally got to play the game the other day. I love it. Since this game has SO many unboxing and early reviews posts and videos up, I’ll likely skip those for now, and do some kind of review or something later on. I may do something nice for Sentinels of the Multiverse, whose kickstarter package I received the other day, I’m not sure yet. Look for that stuff and more Dreadfleet updates in the coming days!
Thanks for reading.