It has been a tough week to find hobby time as my son got sick and required a bit of attention over night, which is when I usually get most of my hobbying done. And then of course the other usual distractions of youtube, TGN, chatting with Andrew, and Skylanders. So the only thing I’ve been able to do lately is assemble the rest of my Outcasts, including Mongo who I picked up last night. As I’m quite pleased with how the starter box turned out, and I got to play a game and a half with Andrew Tuesday night, I’m going to focus on the Outcasts right now on my workbench. It is likely that after a few of them I’ll want a little break and get back to those Coryphee, but right now I’m in a mood to get these Outcasts finished.
Here is the pile I have to get through:
I did a quick calculation, and numberwise I’ve already painted more than half of the models (8 out of 15), but in terms of base size total, I’m only halfway there (250mm out of 500mm), and point values only a third of the way through (305 out of 945). I think I’ll calculate in terms of models, then…gives me the advantage.
Anyway, here are some close-ups before priming (which I did after these pictures were taken):
Here are the second Brute and the Brute Pusher.
Hoj, Warlord of Samara (unique Warchief) and a Warchief.
Fixer and Manhunter.
And…The Big Guy…Mongo. I’m going to make it a little easier on myself and paint the arms separately, then attach them later.
Similarly, I’m painting all of these guys on temporary bases, then attaching them to separately painted bases afterwards. This is what I normally do, but not what I did with the other Outcasts, and I didn’t really like. I didn’t hate it, but I’ll just go back to this way, especially since all of the bases are already painted.
So it’s Thursday, and this is my workbench. Let’s see if I can get a few models done by the next update.
Thanks for reading.