I posted the written report at Tales of Gamers, but thought I should post it and the video batrep here:
* * * * *
Scott came over during the day on Monday to play Malifaux. 25ss, Showgirls vs. Freikorps, and we added in location rules.
- Performer + Mannequin
- Mechanical Dove
- Scheme: Power Ritual: (1) interact within 8″ of 3 corners for 1 VP, 4 corners for 2 VP.
- Von Schill
- Freikorps Librarian
- Freikorps Specialist
- Freikorps Trapper
- 2x Freikorpsman
- Scheme: Thwart (Unannounced): Stop opponent from completing scheme.
Shared Strategy: Deliver Message: (2) interact with opposing leader for 1 VP, with bonuses for doing it first and before the end of turn 4.
Location: Ghost Town with possible Heavy Snows (no charges, -2 to ranged Cb and ranged spells).
The board was set up with a few buildings, some trees, fences (sandbags, actually) stretching across the board, and a scattering of barrels and crates of various sizes around the board. I think this Ghost Town could have been a Freikorps supply depot or something. We deployed diagonally, 12.5″ away from the centre line.
- Cassandra starts off by running up and popping the top-right corner, and putting on her Southern Charm, making Attack and Damage flips against her [-].
- The Trapper downs the Dove with 2 Clockwork Rifle shots.
- The Mannequin Links with Colette and casts Mirrors, giving herself and Colette protection from Weak Damage flips, just in case.
- The Specialist runs forward.
- The Performer pops the bottom-right corner, then moves to the left.
- Freikorpsman 1 runs forward.
- The Coryphee casts Sublime Performance (+Masks to Ca and Cb) and Sword Dance (free attacks during Movements), then runs up and hits Trapper, triggering Hypnotic Movments ([-] to Trapper’s Resist flips).
- Freikorpsman 2 runs behind the building to his left.
- Colette grants herself Reactivate, then uses Illusionist to switch places with the Coryphee, and finally casts Magician’s Duel to kill the Trapper, gaining a Soulstone.
- The Librarian moves up and casts something, but I can’t recall what.
- Colette activates again, switches back with the Coryphee, gains a Soulstone by discarding 2 cards, then spends it to Summon a Mechanical Dove.
- The Mechanical Dove flies over behind the building to the left.
- Von Schill runs up and casts Hard-Ass, giving friendlies within 10″ +4 Wp in Morale Duels.
- There will be no Heavy Snows next turn.
- Von Schill moves over and takes a couple shots at the Coryphee, fortunately only doing 3 wounds, but then activates his Leader ability.
- The nearby Freikorpsman piggybacks Von Schill and also takes a shot at the Coryphee, finally dropping it, then moves up.
- Cassandra Nimble-walks up, casts Sublime Performance (+Masks to Ca and Cb), then charges Von Schill, dealing 2 wounds, and fails to cast Breathe Fire.
- The Librarian runs up towards that battle-strewn area.
- The Performer keeps running towards the bottom-left corner.
- The Specialist runs forward.
- The Mannequin casts Mirrors.
- The other Freikorpsman walks up and takes a shot at the Dove, but fails to kill it because of its cover protection.
- The Dove flies over and casts Magician’s Duel on the Freikorpsman, but only manages a single wound.
- Colette gains Reactivate, switches places with Cassandra, and Magician’s Duel Von Schill for a few more wounds.
- Colette activates again, casts Magician’s Duel again, bringing Von Schill to 6/10 wounds total, summons a Mechanical Dove, then switches places with Cassandra.
- The new Mechanical Dove casts Magician’s Duel and manages to do 3 more wounds to Von Schill, sadly leaving him at only 1.
- The Heavy Snows will hit next turn (no charges, -2 to ranged Cb and ranged spells).
- The Librarian starts off with Furious Casting, healing Von Schill twice (back down to 4 wounds), and then casts Block Connection on Cassandra, taking out the Book from her Cmbat skill.
- Cassandra Delivers her message to Von Schill (4 VP!) and Nimble-walks away to behind cover, successfully disengaging. She puts on her Southern Charm for some protection.
- Von Schill Nimble-walks to Cassandra and takes a couple of swings at her, doing a bunch of damage, leaving her with 2 wounds.
- The nearby Freikorpsman walks in and takes a swing at Cassandra, buts fails to hit.
- The Performer runs towards the bottom-left corner, unable to pop it!
- The other Freikorpsman walks up and takes a shot at the Performer and misses.
- The leftmost Dove casts Magician’s Duel on the Freikorpsman for another wound, then flies down near the Performer, in case she needs to use it as a Soulstone.
- The Specialist runs up and gets ready to fry the Performer.
- But he doesn’t get a chance as Colette moves over, gains Reactivate, switches places with the Performer, and pops the last corner gaining me at least 1 more VP.