Wow. Has it really been almost 3 weeks since my last post? Unfortunately, I’ve done relatively little hobbying over that same time period, so there is only so much I have to show off. Life has just been so busy on all fronts that by the time I sit down at night with a little time to myself, I’m just so tired I would rather just watch WHFB-related youtube videos, surf Tomb Kings and Ogre Kingdoms forums, and chat. Yeesh.
But, I do have a little bit of progress to talk about, and I’ll start with a complete model, which I just finished a couple of nights ago. It is Cassandra, a Showgirl from the Colette Du Bois crew, and thus an Arcanist from Malifaux.
Among a few of the guys in my regular gaming group, Malifaux has risen to utmost popularity, and now gets played nearly as much as Warhammer Fantasy. Both games get played every Tuesday night when we meet, as well as on other days when the guys can get together. I, sadly, am only able to play on Tuesdays right now, but as usual I hope that will change ASAP. I’d love to be getting more than one game played a week.
ANYWAY, clearly you came here to see a completed model and not just hear me go on about a small group of gamers.
And so here is Cassandra:
I worked on her Thursday and Friday nights, and so completed her relatively quick. As usual, nothing fancy going on here. I mostly stuck to the studio paintscheme as reference, only doing a couple of things different. In terms of quality, she looks good from a foot or three away, which is what I always go for. Up close, she leaves something to be desired, I know, but on the tabletop she looks just as good as the rest of my painted models. The pictures were taken before a final highlight on the sword and dress.
Here’s quick rundown on some of the colours I used, for potential future reference:
- Skin: Midlund Flesh base, Ryn Flesh layer, Gryphonne Sepia wash, Ryn Flesh highlight
- Hair: Rucksack Tan base, Gryphonne Sepia wash, then layers of drybrush using an increasingly lightening mixture of Rucksack Tan + Sulfuric Yellow + Cygnus Yellow + Morrow White
- Dress: Skorne Red base, Khador Red Base layer, Baal Red wash, Khador Red Base highlight
The rest is all pretty basic and regular stuff. I am happy with how she turned out, even though she doesn’t look very good in the pictures, and I’m glad I finally got started on this crew!
I think I mentioned previously that I got these models off of Scott, who had already built, based and primed them. He primed using black, which I never do, so this was a new challenge for me. In general, it didn’t do too much to affect my painting, although I will say that I will continue to prime in white (and grey and brown when appropriate), as I am used to it, I like the outcome just the same, and it’s cheaper.
Tomorrow I’ll post my progress on my Tomb Kings army, and then I’ll add a long-overdue Workbench Update the day after, where I’ll talk a little bit about why Ogre Kingdoms have entered my daily hobby time as well. Oh boy!
Thanks for reading.