Well, last night and this morning I finished cleaning and assembling my Outcasts and attaching them to their scenic bases. This afternoon I took them outside and gave them a spray down of white primer. And this is what they look like, now, from afar:
You can also see some extra bases that I primed. These are all, of course, Dragon Forge bases, still my base-maker of choice (even though I have to order some wooden plank bases elsewhere for my Showgirls). The extras are another 50mm Ice Kingdoms base that will eventually go to a second Dragyri Trueblood if I buy another; the icey 30mm are the last 4 I need to finish for the un-based Dragyri Slaves; and the other 3 30mm are the remainder of the Wasteland II set, the others going to the Outcasts.
Here are the Wasteland Warriors. I opted to leave some of their extra bits off, like the bits on the slug guns that made them look kinda like crossbows, and the slug gun on the “sunburst helmet” chick, and the sheeth/bludgeon on the dude.
Here are the Scuts. Built as they should be. Which was easy, as they didn’t have much to them, either one or two pieces.
Here is a blurry shot of the Bully.
And here is the Brute.
Assembling these models ranged from really easy, to pretty vexing. The Bully and one of the Scuts were one piece. The rest were two or three pieces, or more if you attach their extra bits.
I had the most trouble with the “sunburst helmet” chick, as I had to bend the hands gripping her bludgeon so that they would line up properly with her arms. The Brute was also a little annoying, as he didn’t line up properfly, so his grip on the block looks a little funny from cerain angles.
But overall the cleaning was amazingly fast. Almost Freebooter fast in how clean they come out of the package.
This was the first time that I actually attached the models to their scenic bases before priming and painting them. I wanted to try it out this way, as I know other people do it like this. It may present an extra challenge while painting, but will save me from snipping the underfoot tabs once they are painted. And I ran into falling-off-and-having-to-rebase issues when the base was painted before gluing the finished model on before, as with Seamus and the Ortegas. Hopefully I can avoid that this time.
Otherwise, I used Wasteland II bases for all of the 30mm figures, and a 40mm Urban Rubble base for the Brute, which had already been painted up for Malifaux previously. Since I never did use it, it’s been repurposed, and will get a new paintjob to match the rest of the warband.
On To Painting!
Once I have finished my second Khaliman model for our Alkemy Tale of Gamers, I will get started on these. Either one of the trios, or one of the singles, and then go back and forth between the Outcasts and the Khaliman. Now that these are primed, I’m itching to get them done, so it’s possible I’ll get the Khaliman finished tonight or tomorrow.
So keep an eye out for all of that!
Thanks for reading.