I wrote this post a couple of weeks ago, but managed to not yet publish it. Please enjoy.
* * * * *
As an interlude between the first 11 and last 3 Dragyri Slaves, I decided to put my Empire General’s horse on the painting table. And now he’s pretty much complete. I might find highlights or touch-ups to add at some point, and grass one day, but otherwise he’s done.
- Flesh: Bootstrap Leather, Ogryn Flesh wash.
- Hair: Umbral Umber, Bootstrap Leather highlight, Ogryn Flesh wash.
- Hooves: Thamar Black, Trollblood Highlight, Badab Black wash with hair as above blended into flesh.
- Armour: Pig Iron, Devlan Mud wash.
- Gold: Vallejo Glorious Gold (over Pig Iron), Gryphonne Sepia wash.
- Cloth: Khador Red Base, Baal Red wash; Cygnar Blue Highlight, Asurmen Blue wash.
- Skeleton: ‘Jack Bone, Glorious Gold, Ogryn Flesh wash; Wurm Green leaves, 2x Thraka Green washes, Wurm Green highlight.
- Base: DecoArt Burnt Umber.
* * * * *
When I worked on this guy I was planning on painting up some more horses, but once I packed them up to play at Meeplemart that Tuesday I just left them in the case. It was then that I got busy, so I haven’t come back to either the other horses or the General and Captain. They’ll be interludes between the Outcasts and Khaliman Republic, for sure.
Thanks for reading.