My third Freebooter’s Fate miniature is complete. I present to you, Imperial Armada starter crew’s leader, Capitan Alonso Garcia:
Again, I followed the stock colouring, but did make a few changes, mostly due to paints I have. Speaking of which:
- Cape: Trollblood Highlight underside, Underbelly Blue and Asurmen Blue wash topside
- Uniform: Some sort of accidental mix of Trollblood Highlight and Cygnar Blue Highlight, with Rucksack Tan trim (going for a NMM here, as I don’t have a good gold paint); also some Trollblood Highlight and Frostbite in there
- Leathers: Gun Corps Brown with an Ogryn Flesh wash
- Base: Bootstrap Leather with Devlan Mud wash; Cryx Bane Base cannonballs in a Bloodtracker Brown/Devlan Mud case.
- Head: Midlund Flesh with Ogryn Flesh wash, Greatcoat Grey hair and moustache
I think he looks cool. He’s definitely also at the tabletop quality level, looking good from not-too-close-up, and not looking to win any awards. So I’m happy with him.
I still haven’t done anything with the eyes, as I don’t like painted eyes on models. I might have to give that area another wash. On the Arquebusiers too. And as for the ‘gold’ trim, as soon as I get some better gold paint, I’ll shine those up.
I have two incentives for finishing the Capitan, and then the Teniente as soon as possible:
- I get to play with a painted crew next Tuesday when we learn the game, and
- The sooner I finish a handful of models that I’m working on, the sooner I can pick up a Dark Age starter box!
Yeah, I have just enough will-power to wait until I’ve painted a few more models before buying more. Of course it’s completely self-imposed, this restriction, but I’ll be proud of myself if I can keep to it. With a desire for Urban War Junkers (and Viridians, so I can demo the game when I join the League), and Hell Dorado Westerners if Loy is up for it, I’ll need to get the Dragyri from DA done as soon as possible, too.
And the plans continue, evermore.
Thanks for reading.