I finished this guy last night.
His base isn’t done, but I won’t count that as part of the model until I know how I want to base the rest of the Space Marine models.
Once again a ‘thanks’ to WarbossTae on youtube for getting me interested in this paint scheme. I do like my subtle changes, and will likely go with this scheme for the other guys I have.
Anyway, so I don’t forget when I do get to painting them:
- Basecoat everything in Pig Iron.
- Shoulder pauldrons, mohawk, calf armour and bolter casing in Cygnar Blue Highlight.
- Pouches and bolter strap in Gun Corps Brown; belt in Thamar Black; grenade and clip in Cryx Bane Base.
- Purity seal in Khador Red Base; parchment in layers of Trollblood Highlight + Morrow White; eyes in Necrotite Green over Iosan Green.
- Gold bits based with Bootstrap Leather, then Molten Bronze, then Burnished Gold.
- Badab Black wash over hands, back of knees, chest aquila and vent areas of backpack; Ogryn Flesh wash on bolter strap.
Now that I know what to do, this kind of model should take a lot less time to do. I don’t know when I’ll get around to the others, as I’ll never run out of higher-priority models, but it will happen.
Thanks for reading.