I think it’s been sufficiently long enough since I did a Workbench Update post, so here’s another.
My workbench is always in a state of fluxx. One week I’m working on Malifaux, the next C&C Ancients, and the next Warmachine. In fact, it often changes day-by-day, so that in the period between updates I’ve started, stopped or finished one or more projects.
Let’s see what I’m currently working on.
Old West Buildings
GameCraft Old West buildings, to be exact. In fact, since these came in the mail, they’ve been the major project I’ve been working on. At this point I have all three built (I’m keeping the porch/awning off of one for now, until I know it’s not too hard to paint with it on), and one has been painted brown (roof needs to be done in black). I need to pick up a few more cheap acrylic paints (I can’t recall if the brown I used is from WalMart or Dollarama) before I can paint the others, but I’m happy so far with how the paint goes on. Hopefully other colours will work as well.
There is a very good chance that this project will be displacing the C&C Ancients project, to be honest. I had hoped that I could get cracking on those ancient figures, but more and more keeps pushing them back in the queue. Very sad, but at this point true. Instead of C&C Ancients as my upcoming convention game, I may actually run some Legends of the Old West. I’ll be picking up a few more buildings during the President’s Day Sale at GameCraft that ends today, so hopefully I’ll have enough for a nice little demo game. I’ll do some tutorial/build-up posts for those buildings, possibly including a new style: video! And I’ve got a few groups of Black Scorpion miniatures that are already primed, so it’s quite likely this project will pop up to the top of the list.
With one ‘smith virtually complete, I’m ready to move on to the other two. I can do these guys up at the same time, now that I know what colours to use and in what order. It’ll be nice to finally some fully painted (although not yet based) Warmachine models (I’ve got two mini armies of Mercs that never got much paint on them).
The same goes for my Imperial Armada starter: With the two Arquebusiers complete (for realsies, base and all), I’d like to finish the other two models. Hopefully Loy and I can run through the rules this Tuesday before my Malifaux game with Scott. I just gave the rules a read-through, and I’ll be writing up a little review, probably for Tale of Gamers.
* * * * *
Like I said, and you may have noticed if you follow the blog, my workbench is always changing. I must say that it’s nice getting projects completed, but clearly I just have to play around with different ones until I find those that I will indeed finish. The Ortegas were a surprising and unique accomplishment, but I am getting some stuff done these days as well. So far, my end of the year, looking back at 2012 recap post will be full of finished models! Yay! I’ve got to keep track of started/finished/dropped projects for that.
But hey, it’s only mid-February! Better not worry about that stuff.
Happy Family Day, everyone.
Oh, and Happy 100th Post! I feel this milestone should have been a bit cooler…
Thanks for reading.