Finally, here is my booklist for 2012. It is not set in stone, of course, as I am sure new books will get added and others will be removed.
Not pictured is The Strange Affair of Spring-Heeled Jack, which I’ve already started reading. Actually, just barely started. Although I have increased my painting so far this year, reading is not doing so well. I need to start setting aside time to read, again, if I’m going to get through this pile!
Here they are, in no meaningful order, other than that’s how they ended up on the shelf.
- Flaming Zeppelins – Joe Lansdale
- The Curious Case of the Clockwork Man – Mark Hodder
- The Edinburgh Dead – Brian Ruckley
- Johannes Cabal: The Detective – Jonathan Howard
- Night of the Living Trekkies – Kevin Anderson and Sam Stall
- Pride and Prejudice and Zombies – Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith
- The Affinity Bridge – George Mann
- Dead Iron – Devon Monk
- Boneshaker – Cherie Priest
- The Society of Steam: The Falling Machine – Andrew Mayer
- The Buntline Special – Mike Resnick
- Destroyermen: Into the Storm – Taylor Anderson
- Star Wars: Death Troopers – Joe Schreiber
- Indiana Jones and the Hollow Earth – Max McCoy
- Indiana Jones and the Seven Veils – Rob MacGregor
- Rogue Angel: Destiny – Alex Archer
- Steampunk’d – Jean Rabe and Martin Greenberg (eds.)
- The Snow Queen’s Shadow – Jim Hines
- Soulless – Gail Carriger
- Flip This Zombie – Jesse Petersen
I can already see a few that might not get read, or at least pushed way back on the list. Technically, since I don’t have a set order. I usually pick a handful of books and let my wife choose. Normally she does it with this eyes-closed, touching-feeling-energy thing of hers. She’s weird like that.
I would like to get two books read a month. That’s not a lot to ask, but I do need to force myself to make time. I read best when I’m on the TTC (Toronto’s public transit system), but I can also get a few pages done at night once my wife goes to bed.
Thanks for reading.